Medical affairs is one of the most strategically important and respected functions within the Pharmaceutical industry. Medical affairs experts are a core pillar in the implementation of vital activities that support product registration, launch, marketing, and collaboration with external experts.
As medical affairs experts, we act as a strategic decision-maker and trusted scientific partner. We are passionate about supporting your marketing & sales activities and will play a vital role in communicating the nuances of complex science internally and with the larger medical community. Also, as specialists in the rules and regulations governing industry interactions, you can count on us to providing clear code compliance support & oversight.
With therapeutics growing in complexity, generating, and disseminating data is of upmost importance. No team is better placed to be that outside voice inside your company, with a proven track record in established meaningful and lasting external relationship across various therapeutic areas.
We are diligent in coordinating with internal company stakeholders, facilitating seamless collaboration, and integrating effortlessly into your team.
With experience in prescription, over the counter, complementary medicines, and devices, find out how we can assist you with your medical affairs needs.
- Review & approval of company materials & activities / Copy approval / MLR reviews
- Claims optimisation & medical content generation
- Medical scientific liaisons
- Medical marketing plans
- Key Opinion Leader identification, profiling, and engagement
- Local evidence generation plan or phase IV trial strategy
- Scientific meetings / Advisory Boards / Symposia
- Code compliance support & oversight
Do you have a constant backlog of marketing materials that require review and approval?
Are you lacking medical affairs experts to communicate new scientific data?
Do you require advise from external experts but do not know where to start?
Are you looking for a strategic medical marketing plan to drive your companies branded activities?
“This project would not have had the outcomes without your perseverance and understanding around a topic that is highly sensitive with highly passionate KOL’s.”
“My Medical Department provided agile, flexible support across a wide range of medical affairs and compliance activities. Lauri is extremely knowledgeable and works very collaboratively meaning she integrated seamlessly into the team and business.”
“I would highly recommend Catherine from My Medical Department for any medical affairs role. Her professional approach, flexibility, strong attention to detail and high performance ensured the team continued to meet business needs.”
– Head of Medical Advisory –
“We have been working in partnership with My Medical Department to ensure ABPI compliance of all promotional and non-promotional materials and activities. The volume of tasks has been overwhelming at times and we are very thankful that My Medical Department have been there every step of the way.”
“My Medical Department has supported me and my colleagues for several years, providing additional medical signatory resource to a busy medical affairs department. In my experience, their service has always been very reliable. Their level of communication with me has been excellent and they have always been willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to process urgent items when required.”
-Therapy Area Lead-
Case study 1
Case study 2
Case study 3
Case Study 1
A top 10 pharmaceutical client had not marketed their product in 3 years and required urgent stakeholder mapping (~10 KOLs) from scratch – no existing relationships were in place. MMD were asked to contact, meet in person, establish a relationship, and build a lasting partnership with the identified KOLs.
MMD identified a network of KOLs and formed relationships on behalf of the client. We initially conducted a round table to discuss therapy area and educational needs. The KOLs were engaged in service agreements to record educational webinars and create treatment guidelines. We also played a key role in assisting the KOLs with the development of content for the educational material.
We subsequently delivered the prepared content to our client ahead of the product re-launch.
- Established a highly regarded and engaged KOL network for the client.
- Clearer focus on areas of education that aligned with needs in clinical practice.
- Re-launch of brand which was more successful with expert content to complement company-produced materials.
Case Study 2
A staff member’s departure in a key therapy area required an immediate replacement to continue to meet business needs. My Medical Department were asked to provide support for the review and approval of promotional and non-promotional material in line with industry codes/guidelines while the company recruited a new associate.
We provided an immediate, flexible support to allow the continued review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials and activities. We worked collaboratively with the established team, integrating seamlessly into the business.
- Immediate, flexible support to allow the continued review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials and activities.
- No pressure to recruit immediately, allowing the right candidate to be selected for the role.
- A supported and gradual onboarding including thorough handover to successfully transition the new employee into the role.
Case Study 3
A company required assistance with interpreting available evidence for their product and understanding the need for generation of new evidence for claim substantiation given recent regulatory changes by the health authority.
My Medical Department provided a literature search strategy and medical review of available literature. This enabled us to advise on the additional clinical evidence required to meet the regulatory changes in line with the client’s desired indications and claims.
- Comprehensive understanding of the strengths and limitations of the available evidence.
- Local evidence generation plan
- We worked seamlessly with their regulatory affairs and marketing teams, facilitating effective collaboration throughout the project.